Wednesday, February 3, 2010

8-pan Challenge

Alright ladies it's spring makeup collection season! My favorite makeup season of all! I love how all the colors are starting to warm up and looking so bright, sunny and tropical. I am drooling just looking at all these gorgeous coral blushers and vibrant eyeshadow colors that are out right now. It's total sensory overload! What is everyone else lemming-ing? Planning any purchases?

So with that said, I need to go on a no buy. So starting today I am going to challenge myself to finish 8 makeup products before I get to buy anything new one. Originally I had started with doing a 5-pan challenge, but I ended up upping it to 8 because I am the proud new owner of Bobbi Brown Cabo coral and Calypso coral pot rouges!!!!! (well once they arrive as I ordered online.) I will get swatches of them up asap!

Anyhow, back to the challenge. The rules I'm setting for myself are as follows:

8-pan challenge rules:

1. Make up items only. Skin care/hair care items do not count

2. Two deluxe sample items count for 1 product.

3. Once I finish 8 items I can purchase only ONE makeup item.

4. If at any point I break my challenge, I tack on 2 more items that need to be finished before I can get another makeup item.

So far I have a few items "nearing the end". I can do this! I have been making a point to use these daily just so I could finish these suckers up and not have to look at them anymore.



Nearly gone items. Listed top to bottom left to right:

*THE SHE SPACE- RUDE AWAKENING
This is such a pretty wheat slightly gray/taupe color. It has just the right amount of shimmer. I just ordered a full size version of this!

* KORRES WILD ROSE POWDER WRF3

* MAC RICEPAPER
-other e/s top to bottom, left to right: ricepaper, era, satin taupe, grain-

I love using Ricepaper as a all over wash these days. Totally wakes up my eyes

*NARS BETTINA VELVET LIP MATTE
Gorgeosus peachy hint of orange warm toned matte

* TOO FACED SHADOW INSURANCE

* MAC SHE LOVES CANDY
I am so sad I'm almost done with this gloss. This is gorgeous alone or over any lipstick. It is this unique shimmery pale pink with a hint of a cool lavender tint to it.


And on to the swatches!

Left to right: Rude Awakening, Ricepaper, Era, Grain, Satin Taupe, Bettina, Bettina with She loves candy on top, She loves Candy

***NOTE: Eye shadows were swatched over TFSI***


No comments:

Post a Comment