Saturday, February 6, 2010

And the Bobbi Brown-palooza Continues

Soooo I know I said that I was going on a no buy until I finished 8 items but the hubby came into some money and said I could get some makeup. Who am I to say no?? I kinda feel guilty now, but just look at my new pretties!!!!


I got the lipstick in Salmon, the lip gloss in Golden Nectar, and the shimmer brick in Nectar. I really wanted both shimmer bricks, but I restrained myself.

So we'll start with the lip products. While lately I have become a big drugstore lipstick lover, BB salmon was just too pretty to pass up. It is a gorgeous pinky peach nude color, but not so nude it washes me out. Very natural and summery on my lips. It is very smooth and creamy to apply, but a touch drying on my lips. The dryness is easily fixed with the BB lip gloss in Golden Nectar. Together the color is just so pretty! A gorgeous golden pink-y peach. The gloss is a very pretty shimmery medium peachy pink color with LOTS of gold shimmers. Sooo perfect for summer. My only gripe has to be that god awful horrendous plastic icky brush. What the heck is up with that Bobbi??? For a gloss that price-y I kinda expect a better brush for pete's sake!

Left to right: Coral beach lip gloss, Salmon lipstick, gloss+lipstick combo

Moving on, the shimmer brick in Nectar. If I remember correctly this is one of the Nordstrom exclusive mini's. Normally I steer clear of these as they are chock full of crazy over the top shimmer and glimmer, but I was quite pleasantly surprised by these. While it is quite shimmery when swatched heavily on my hand but applied on my face it is just such a gorgeous coral pink shimmer. The Pink Quarts, which I didn't get, was a gorgeous beige-y color and I really still want it, but I guess I do have my MAC MSF in Perfect Topping. They are by no means dupes of each other, but I'd imagine they would accomplish the same thing. AGHH! I STILL WANT! >:(

I tried this over the pot rouge in Calypso Coral and it's just so pretty! Not too much shimmer but a gorgeous enhancing highlight. I think this might kinda compare to the MAC MSF in refined, only more pigmented and more golden. I unfortunately no longer own the MSF in refined or I would do comparison swatches.

I did my best to capture the colors of the shimmer brick, but it was really tough to capture. Pardon that awful orange overtone :(
left to right: colors swatched individually and all together

1 comment: