Friday, February 26, 2010

Blushes Part 2: NARS Multiples

These poor multiples catch so much flack from everyone, but they really are an awesome product...if applied properly. (This is just my opinion) I agree that some of these are just annoyingly shimmery and the texture on some are not so great, but I do adore the bronzer multiple as these are not total glitter bombs. I also find the texture to be different from the regular multiples...less oily.

I have NARS multiple in Cap Vert. So pretty! I love using this all over in the summer for a nice warmed up look. I find the easiest way to apply these are to use a dense flat top brush or fingers (a la cream blush method) vs. streak and blend. In my opinion the streak and blend method deposits too much product on your cheek thus making it difficult to work with to achieve the look you want.

NARS Cap Vert heavily swatched (to the right)


This has the perfect amount of brown and redness to give me a perfect bronzed glow. It's so smooth and silky to apply. It looks fairly matte, but if you look very closely, there is a subtle shimmer to it. I love the subtle shimmer to this, gives me a nice glow without looking greasy or like a disco ball.

NARS Cap Vert blended out with flat top brush (below left)



It looks a little blotchy there because I just blended out the swatch above. This is why I don't like the streak and blend method.






Sonia Kaushuk Flat top brush...my weapon of choice. It's densely packed and the bristles are soft. I like the size of the head as it's not so big that I can't be precise on application.

So lets get started :D

Step 1: Spritz brush with MAC Fix +
(This is optional. I like to do this because I find that this helps in the application process)

Step 2: Swirl brush/fingers on multiple

*Step 2b (for fingers): Rub opposing fingers together to distribute product a la cream blush directions in previous post.*

Step 3: Then in a dabbing circular motion, apply onto face starting where you want the color intensity to be the highest working your way back. Be sure not to apply too much pressure..let the brush do the work for you!

Step 4: Blend blend blend!

Done :D
(Nothing else on face except NARS Cap Vert)

No comments:

Post a Comment