Monday, February 22, 2010

Stressed Rambling

So my girl, Gwen had 2 seizures within 24 hours of each other. So far there wasn't any need to put her on meds, but it seems like we are going that route. Gosh it's horrible watching her go through the seizures. It's incredibly frightening for me and I'm sure it stresses her out as well. Oh my poor baby. Then the heartache continues because it's so sad watching her come out of the seizure all disoriented stumbling and bumping into stuff.

I am so scared that she's going to get yet another seizure within 24 hours. I'm afraid to let her sleep because that's when she seems to get them, at night when she's sleeping. Right now she's curled up next to me and every time I see her twitch in her sleep I cringe. I know it could be something worse than seizures, but it's a hard thing to deal with when they do happen. I really don't want to have to put her on meds, but I think it might end up being the best thing for everyone involved especially if the meds stop the seizures all together or at least spread them out to 6 months to a year apart. I am at a loss of what to think/feel. It's been an emotionally tense month for me this month and this is just the frosting on the cake. :(

3 comments:

  1. Aw, those are so scary! My jack russell (Georgie) has seizures sometimes when she gets too nervous/excited. Hers aren't severe, though. She just kind of falls over and is really stiff for maybe 15 seconds. But the first few times it happened it had me in tears. :(( I hope your Gwen isn't having really violent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is having violent fits. It's horrible. She froths and urinates. :( You are so lucky that your Georgie only has the minor ones. At this point I'd take that over what Gwen goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs hunnie!
    So sorry to hear this-went through something very similar when my mini schnauzer had internal tummy bleeding due to stones & improper closing post procedure.
    I hope you find a solution to make Gwen comfy & the seizures manageable.

    ReplyDelete