Thursday, February 11, 2010

Move over makeup! There's a new love in my life

Quick someone take my temperature!! I think I'm ill!! I have no desire for new makeup these days!! Instead it was replaced with a desire for....PERFUME!!! Uh-oh. Even worse!!!

So a few weeks ago a friend introduced me to The Coconut Hut. (I am in no way affiliated with this website. Everything I will review was bought with my own money.) Their website, http://www.coconuthutbeauty.com, is nicely organized and easy to navigate. Not to mention..HOLY COW do they have a WIDE selection of scents. I didn't even know where to start on their gigantic, gargantuan, extensive list!! The scents can be organized by catagory or alphabetically which is

Their perfumes are right up my ally, as it is chock full of sweet, tropical, yummie delish scents. I am totally in love with foody scents, but at the same time, I am not sure how I feel about smelling like dessert. Anyhow with that said I ordered samples of: Serendipitous type, Vanilla coco type, and LUSH Almond snow cake type. All three are knock offs of other perfumes. In my opinion they all smell true to their originals, with the exception of Serendipitous type as I have never smelled the original.


The cost for 3 of the 5/8 dram mini glass bottles with foil lined capped closure in your choice of the Tiki Roll On Perfume or Beach Baby Perfume is $8.95 + $5.55 s/h = Total cost $14.50. So with that said, I think it's a little price-y for sample vials. Also I kinda wish they let you know when your stuff ships so you can expect it, but that's just splitting hairs. I guess it's always nice to get a surprise package in the mail. The quality of product that you are recieving justifies the cost in my opinion. The vials are really nice with a nice screw top and not one of those dinky ones you get if you get a sample from a counter. Also the most important part..the quality of the perfume is top notch in my opinion. They have good staying power and strength, I am definitely impressed. I am particularly liking the tiki roll on oil perfume over the beach baby perfume, I feel the roll on oil is much more concentrated and lasts longer than the perfume spray. So onto my thoughts on the perfumes I got.

Serendipitous type: It's supposed to be a chocolate-y orange waffle scent. Normally I am scared of chocolate scents as they tend to smell very chemical-y and fake to me. I can't quite make up my mind on this one. Initially it does smell a bit fake and plastic-y to me, but once it dries down it smells pretty good, a mix of sweet creaminess and chocolate. I love using this together with the Vanilla coco type..yummm!

Vanilla coco type: This is a knock off of the CPS Vanilla coco. I was amazed at how dead on it is! Its a lovely scent, and as the name suggests it smells of vanilla and coco. It's very sweet, creamy and soft. The vanilla is a little cloying to me, but for some reason when it's mixed with the Serendipitous type, it smells really good.
LUSH Almond Snow Cake type: I love LUSH products! They all smell so good! This definitely smells like the actual LUSH product. Soo good. It's actually a really complicated smell to describe, or maybe it's because I suck at describing perfumes. Anyhow, it's kinda very creamy almond-y vanilla smell with this sharpness to it.

I will definitely be purchasing from this e-tailer in the future. As I mentioned earlier, the only tiny gripe is that it's a little price-y and the shipping and handling cost kinda makes me wince, but the quality is amazing, so I guess it's worth it. Can't wait to try more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment