Friday, February 5, 2010

Bobbi Brown Coral Pot Rouges


They're here! They're here! I am so excited! They came a lot faster than I had expected so that makes me very happy. I am such a sucker for corals especially when they come in blush form. Corals are just so happy and summer-y who DOESN'T love corals??

So these will be my first BB pot rouges in a long time. I used to have the raspberry one, or at least I think that was the name. Anyhow I am on a huge cream blush kick and these are awesome! The texture is fantastic, very creamy and smooth. In my opinion they are a tiny tad sticky but easy to blend onto my cheeks. I think I prefer using a skunk brush such as the MAC 188 for these instead of my fingers. I do like using my fingers to apply my NARS cream blush though.

Anyhow, back to the Bobbi Brown pot rouges. I got them in the colors Calypso Coral and Cabo coral (left to right).

Calypso Coral for sure is a bright pink-y coral color while Cabo Coral is more of a peachy slightly orange cream coral. You can tell the color better in the swatches than in colors seen in the pot.


Top: Cabo Coral
Bottom: Calypso Coral

Look at how gorgeous they both are!!! Cabo Coral is sooo gorgeous! I love the peach to it. I bet it would look fantastic layered with NARS Passion blush.




Swatches on arm. L to R Calypso Coral, Cabo Coral.






And some pics of it applied on my face. I don't know how helpful these pics will be seeing as how I think the lighting ended up being slightly different, but oh well. I promise they are slightly different from each other even though you can't quite tell in the face pics. I say it's totally justified to have both says the makeup obsessed lady. :P But seriously, Cabo Coral is much more peachy coral and easier to make it look "natural" on me. It most definitely is NOT oompa loompa orange on me at all. Very summery and gooorgeous! Calypso coral takes a little more work or else I end up looking clown-ish. It is definitely very pink coral. It's absolutely gorgeous if applied right. If I over apply, I just do a dusting of my Korres face powder and voila!

So I have no makeup on except for MAC bare study, BB pot rouge, cherry chapstick, and Korres wild rose powder...eeeewww my skin is so icky lately :( Shield your eyes!!!

CABO CORAL

CALYPSO CORAL

4 comments:

  1. Ordering Cabo Coral for sure now! Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Lemme know how you like it when you get it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those look like perfect colors. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok BOTH are uber gorgeous on you....
    great pics!

    ReplyDelete