Sunday, January 31, 2010

NARS Blushers...oh the pretties!


NARS my long time love. For some reason I always find myself going back to NARS. Their blushes are amazingly pigmented, sometimes TOO pigmented. These babies in my opinion are totally worth their $25 usd price tag as a little goes a looooooooooong way with these babies.

These are the only NARS blushers I have in my stash now as I have done much purging of the stash over the past few months and have finally reached a happy place with my stash size. Anyhow these are "the best of the best" in NARS blushers on me. A lot of the NARS blushers I decided sadly turned too orange-y on my yellow undertones, so all I am left with is Penny Lane (cream), Passion, Amour, Taj Mahal, and Exhibit A.

Arm Swatches left to right: Penny Lane, Amour, Passion, Taj Mahal, and Exhibit A.

Unfortunately these colors did not photo well so I appologize for the blah swatches.

Penny lane looks VERY light on my skin tone, but on my cheeks it gives me the most ethereal glow. It is absolutely a stunning color. I love wearing this for an everyday color that goes with just about everything. I love topping this with a light dusting of Passion and sometimes I also add a little Taj Mahal on the apples as well.

Amour is a lovely peachy pink leaning more pink/rose. It is another lovely everyday kinda color with a little more zing.

Passion. Why oh why does this look so ORANGE on my arm swatch?? I swear it's not really that orange irl. It is the most perfect peach with a hint of pink blush on me. Orgasm turned very orange on me as did Gina (which is supposed to be a peach)...so I was a little worries passion would too, but happily it does not. I absolutely LOVE this blush!! My HG pinky peach.

Taj Mahal is a straight up shimmer pumpkin orange, but don't let it scare you away! It's just sooo pretty when it's blended with other blushers. This is INSANELY pigmented so use a uber super duper light light extra light hand. (get the picture??)

Exhibit A is another one of those INSANELY pigmented blushers that you need only the lightest of dabs. It is definitely a daughting scary BRIGHT orange-red in the pan, but if you take the time to apply it right it totally wakes up my face and gives the most awesome flush. It is just such a gorgeous color.

****QUICK TIP ALERT****
My trick with these uber pigmented blushers is to dab onto a stipping brush or the NARS yachiyo brush and then dab the excess blush on the back of my hand so most of the intensity ends up on the back of my hand and not my cheeks. )


Swatches on paper

These photographed a little dark but more accurate in blush color, except for penny lane and passion. Penny lane is more of a ethereal glowing cherub baby pink and Passion once again is NOT that orange-y in ril life!


2 comments:

  1. Ooo. I've been lemming Exhbit A and was hoping it had passed, until now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's goooorgeous! I love this blush!

    ReplyDelete