Sunday, January 31, 2010

Every Day Minerals Blushers


Ok, so clearly I have too much time on my hands today as this will be my second post of the day. I will probably do one more post with my NARS and Korres blush swatches since I have the time.

Anyhow, onto the topic du jour. So I was on a huge mineral makeup streak for a while, and while I don't use mineral foundation right now, I do still love and use the blushers. I am very happy to have found these blushers as I am a huge neutral blush and bronzer fanatic.

Top row left to right: Email me, pumpkin pie (LE), Winter bronzer (LE) Bottom row left to right: Yard sale (DC'd), waffle cone

Note: Waffle cone is in the old style packaging (green lid). As you can see it is just a sifter insert. The newer styles have a rotating "lid" that will cover the sifter holes that are only on one side. This makes it really nice as it keeps the product from over filling the product well. As you can see I haven't really taken care to make sure the "lid" was covering the holes as I managed to get the product everywhere.

My 2 cents on the blushers
Left side top to bottom: Yard sale, Waffle cone
Right side top to bottom: Email me, Pumpkin Pie, Winter bronzer

***Note: Swatches were taken on top of a bare hand, no primer or anything underneath. I swatched a bit heavily using my fingers. And as always click on any picture to make them bigger.***

Email me: My perfect nude blusher. This is a very nice subtle mauve-y pink color. It is a satin finish, with minimal shimmer.

Pumpkin Pie: The color is nothing like pumpkin pie to be honest. It is more on the side of a shimmery bronzer with slightly rosey mauve undertones. This is shimmery but not as shimmery as it appear swatched on my hand.

Winter Bronzer: I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. It is my perfect bronzer. I really wish I had gotten a back up of this, but I think this will last me forever anyways. This has just the right balance of pink and brown/bronze tones. It is shimmery as you can see from the swatch, but it's not crazy over the top shimmer once applied

Yard Sale: This is more of a highlighter kinda shade on me. It is an interesting shimmery golden yellow shade with a slight opalescent pink to it. It's very versatile on me since I already have such golden yellow undertones. It looks nice as a neutral eye shadow color as well as a cheeks highlight.

Waffle Cone: This one is a little more on the sheer side as compared to the other colors I own, but it is still a nice color none-the-less. It's a shimmery beige color and doesn't have much pink or peach tones to it. It is nice alone or on top of another blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment