Sunday, January 31, 2010

MAC Pigment Swatches


I have a love hate relationship with pigments and loose eye shadows. I have a bunch of The She Space pigments which I will eventually try to get around swatching, but for now just the MAC pigments. Sometimes I just don't have the patients to deal with the fall out and fuss. I used to have many more MAC pigments, but I ended up narrowing down my stash to only these few. Swatches are listed from top to bottom: Pastorale, Gold mode, Cocomotion, Provence, Tea Time, Vanilla and Deckchair. Pigments were swatched on top of UD primer potion. (Click on pictures to make them bigger.)

>>>Quick side note..I goofed when I took the pics of the pigments in the jars..the jars are in the following order: Pastorale, Provence, Gold mode, cocomotion, teatime, deckchair sample (top), Vanilla sample (bottom)


Pastorale: A nice deeper sea foam green. It looks fabulous on my brown eyes. It's not overly shimmery or glittery though which is nice.

Gold mode: Supposedly this is very similar to the other LE MAC pigment in blonde's gold. It is not as coppery/red as the picture makes it out to be. It's more of a champagne-y gold with gold micro flecks. The micro flecks tend to get everywhere but are easily buffed away.

Cocomotion: This is quite an interesting and unique color. It's a nice bronze-y gold with slight olive-y undertones to it. It is shimmery but no glitter.

Provence: This color is a gorgeous neutral! It has a lot of golden tones to it with golden shimmer. I love using this as a wash.

Tea Time: Nice neutral to warm brown. This is more matte than many of the other pigments. It's got more of a stain finish to it.

Vanilla: Possible a "cult fave", this is a pretty shimmery opalescent pink-y pearl. While it is a lovely color, sometimes I am not a fan of the pink tones in it on my yellow skin tone.

Deckchair: So pretty! It reminds me a lot of Stila Kitten e/s. It's a nice shimmery pink/peach champagne color. This has tones of shimmer to it, so I need to use it carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment