Sunday, January 31, 2010

Korres Blushers..the loves of my life


So I am a HUGE Korres-a-holic!! I discovered their line when I tried the wild rose foundation which is a my holy grail of holy grail foundations. For the longest time I could not find a foundation I liked as many were always too pink on me. The Korres line seems to be geared more twoards the golden and olive toned ladies which is perfect for me! Anyhow ever since I got the foundation I branched out and I now have all the blushers except one, peach. I hope to acquire it one of these days so I have the full "set".

The quality of these blushers are quite nice! Not as pigmented as NARS, but they are still up there in pigmentation. They all have minimal to low shimmer once applied. In the pan, some of them look rather *sparkley* but the sparkles go away once applied to give a nice "glow"..I promise!

<---The swatches of the blushers on plain white paper.

In my opinion these colors are fairly true to color on the paper swatches except for orange, which doesn't look as neon in real life.

If I had to choose, my top two favorites would have to be pink (a neutral leaning cool toned happy go lucky kinda pink) and purple brown (neutral mauve-y with a hint of brown tones..reminds me of NARS sin or lovejoy only better looking on me. No muddiness). They are my ultimate "go-to" colors. But don't get me wrong, the other colors are also quite fabulous!

Coral is a nice...well warm coral color along the lines of NARS torrid. This looks rather shimmery in the pan, but I promise it does not appear that way on my cheeks.

Orange reminds me of a more subdued less pigmented version of NARS Exhibit A. Korres Orange is also less orange-y red and more of a coral tone to it. This has minimal shimmer to it compared to the other Korres blushers, but it is NOT matte.

Orange brown is quite a unique color. It is almost a duo chrome looking shade which I could not capture in my pictures. It is a bronze-y color with a duo chrome of pink and orange flashes to it. It makes for a nice "summer's glow" kinda look on my cheeks. Very uniquely awesome!!!

Purple is a lovely bright pop of plum/berry color. Gives me a nice in from the cold flush. Another one of the less shimmery looking blushers in the pan.

The blush in Natural, is kind of a mis-nomer in my opinion as it is more of a bronzer than a blush. It gives a great neutral cheek or contour color, but I find it's too brown to be worn alone and I need to add a pop of color on my apples.

Swatched heavily on my arm with no base. Colors are from left to right: Coral, Orange, Orange Brown, Purple, Purple Brown, Natural, & Pink.


So these swatch colors came out a little wonky, but they are pretty close in color as I could get. For some reason my skin color looks really crazy at the top. I look like I have some crazy skin condition which I promise I don't...just a case of bad lighting.




1 comment:

  1. I feel some more Korres Blushes are going to be mine!!! I have Pink and Purple Brown. I really love the look of Orange Brown, Orange, and Natural.

    ReplyDelete