Saturday, January 30, 2010

Smith's Rosebud Salves


There are a total of 5 smith's rosebud salve "flavors". I have now tried all the smith's rosebud salves now. The original I didn't really like the scent, too floral. The strawberry one was too waxy. But the three I have now are juuuust right.

These have a nicer more slick and moisturizing feel . I feel they give a *slight* hint of tint on your lips when you put these on, nothing overly noticeable though. Speaking of which, I am waiting to get my grubby balm loving hands on the vaselline rosey lips lip balm, which I will be getting soon from a lovely friend. So *excited*!

I am such a sucker for cute packaging. I love the packaging on these lip balms! The tins are all uber cute. They aren't too bad trying to open like some tin's I've had that would vacuum seal themselves shut and would require some elbow grease to re-open.

So onto my two cents on the balms...

Smith's minted rose: This is the one that feels the slick-est of the three. It also gives my lips the most tint. The scent is nicely minty with a tiny tiny hint of the original smith's rosebud salve smell.

I love minted balms because they give a nice freshness. I kinda feel a tiny hint of "coolness" on my lips from the mint when I use this, but nothing strong that it stings or burns.



Smith's Brambleberry Rose: I sniffed this a long while back when it first came out and I was totally repulsed. Then I gave it another sniff recently and it smelled so good! I guess that first one I sniffed must have been bad or just too many grubby fingers touched it?

The scent is a nice sweet berry, but not overly sweet kinda smell. Once again with a slight hint of floral.



Mocha Rose: My most recent purchase. I got this sent un-smelled online just because the tin is just so darn cute!

Unfortunately at first whiff it's a gross fake chocolate scent, but I gave it a whirl anyhow case I'd be pleasantly surprised. Pleasantly surprised I was! On my lips I smell just a lovely yummy cocoa scent..it's just when I sniff up close that it is not good.





No comments:

Post a Comment