Friday, April 9, 2010

What's on my Wishlist Now

1. YSL Parisienne - As I've mentioned before, I've become obsessed with perfumes lately! So I was looking for my next fave perfume and was browsing Sephora. The lovely SA there was nice enough to give me a VERY GENEROUS sample of this.

According to the Sephora site, Parisienne is described as "The essence of a woman who is incredibly free—she is not from Paris, but Paris adopts her. She knows how to love, how to live. Parisienne is the fragrance of ultra-femininity and sensuality, built with notes of blackberry, damask rose, and sandalwood. The grand floral with a woody structure is luminous even in its mystery." I would have to agree with this synopsis. It opens with a lovely sweet fruity blackberry scent. I don't really get much of the "vinyl accord". Then it blossoms into this very authentic rose scent that makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a rose garden. The fresh rose scent is laced with remnants of sweet tart blackberry. It finally dries down into a lovely soft sweet rose scent. It makes me feel so classy and ready for a night out.

2. Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret - Yes yet another mainstream perfume. Ah well. But this is really quite a lovely perfume. The opening is a little rough, but the dry down is fantastic. This is a very crisp, clean, fresh scent. On the Sephora site, it's described as "Fresh and luminous, the secret of this caressing, fruity floral is its "jasmine tea" theme. The fragrance faithfully reflects its inspiration's transparency and delicacy. The result is an unmistakable signature, very Givenchy."

Notes: Cranberry, Green Tea, White Peony, Sambac Jasmine, Blond Woods, White Musks.

I really like the drydown, very subtle and clean but not soapy. Normally I am not a fan of florals, but for some reason I really like these fruity florals. The green tea adds a really nice crisp freshness that keeps it from being overly headache inducing floral.

I ended up caving and purchasing this with my Sephora VIB 15% off code. :D

3. Lancome Miel Glace - I keep hearing such good things about this blush! It boggles my mind that it retails for $29 and change!! That's more than a NARS blush!!! I am always on the hunt for a blush that will give me a nice neutral/natural looking subtle hint of flush. I hope this will be the one! :D

4. Another Husky - Ok so not really makeup related. But a client of my Father-in-Law is looking to give away their husky. Yes I already have 2 and 3 would be quite a handful..but look how cuuuuuute they are!!!

6 comments:

  1. Suuuuch a cutie patootie!
    Are you going to adopt? how's your girl doing? Missed seeing you about & thought I'd pop over & say hey & I haven't even used my 15% yet-I need to though before it expires.
    You made the ysl sound quite appealing, the bottle alone would warrant the purchase for me!
    I think I'm always drawn to tart/green citrus or the like-my go to since inception has been the original dkny be delicious.
    Hope you are well!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized my comment may seemed a bit spazzed out.
    My apologies.... I've been a scatter brain lately, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL. No you didn't seem spazzed out at all :D Isn't he the cutest? But don't let his good looks fool you. He's a little hellion most of the time. He's so adorable when he's sleeping though.

    Hmm. I can help you find things to buy! LOL I already made 2 purchaces. Whoops. I ordered the YSL gift set and the NARS set containing Deep throat blush, mini orgasm multiple and bettina velvet lip matte pencil and then Illamasqua blush in create. I will post pics when I get them! :D

    The YSL is definitely more sweet than tart..and it has a distinct rose note to it. Can you test it out first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!
    My mom loooves that word (hellion)!
    Dang it I was in ulta today & meant to sniff the ysl-got sidetracked by sjp's new one b/c of the packaging.....
    I'm at a loss it's the first time I've had a coupon & couldn't figure what to use it for, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL! Yes I'm still waiting for him to calm down a little more. Brat :P

    Awww :( How was the SJP one? I haven't sniffed any of her flankers. Lovely was...well lovely. LoL :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got my notification that you replied to me, waaaay back when, lol.
    Actually, it smells very much like Ferragamo's Incanto Charms.
    So citrusy & a clean slightly flowery dry down.

    I think perhaps I may like the Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb-not the the norm that I usually am attracted to, but it's a very pretty scent.

    I tend to lean towards citrus, but not fruity. Not sure if that makes sense or not. =D

    ReplyDelete