Sunday, April 25, 2010

New lip balm love -Evolution Of Smooth




So I've been hearing about these Evolution of Smooth lip balms for a long while now. However they were not as readily available until now. I found the summer fruit flavor and vanilla bean at my local Dominick's in the lip care aisle. Strangely these are the only two "flavors" I could find. I know there are a few others: sweet mint, honeysuckle honeydew, and lemon drop.

On their website they say:
  • Long-lasting moisture
  • Shea butter & vitamin E
  • Smoothes on clear
  • New smooth sphere precisely glides on to lips
  • Twist-off top
  • Gluten-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Phthalate-free

eos lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.


PACKAGING: So the shape of these are really nifty! The case is a soft "rubber" feel, very similar to the NARS packaging. The spheres are a lot bigger than you would think thus a little bulky to carry around in your pocket per say. They also come in a traditional tube form as well. I love how the lid clicks snugly into place or twists tightly into place with the sphere.

SCENTS: The summer fruit smells really yummie. I can't quite put my finger on what it reminds me of, but it's pleasantly sweet yet faint enough that it's not cloying once it's on your lips. The vanilla bean is also a soft true vanilla scent. Once again nothing over powering once on your lips.

FLAVOR: There is a slightly sweet..but waxy taste to these..so not bad, but I wouldn't recommend licking your lips THAT often with this stuff on.

PRODUCT: The product itself is quite nice! I find these moisturizing without making my lips feel slick, sticky or gooey. I have read some reviews that find these very drying and are great as a lipstick primer. While I don't find them drying, I do find that due to it's waxy texture it does help lipstick stick a little better. This is perfect to wear under those lippies you have that you find drying and need something under (or over) to help moisturize your lips.

OVERALL RATING: I give this 5/5 stars. This is such a creative new take on lip balm packaging. I love that soft rubbery feel of the case. I also am very pleased that this is multi-tasking: lip balm and primer all in one. These balms are also natural and free of parabens. (To be honest I'm not really all paranoid about parabens..but yeah). Overall these are quite nice! I picked these baby's up on sale for around $3.00 at my Dominicks. You can find locations that sell these on the EOS website (EOS.com)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this, I'm definitely gonna check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww poo-the site isn't working.... =(

    ReplyDelete