Friday, April 9, 2010

Product Spotlight: NARS Alhambra Eyeshadow Duo


So I did some stash shopping today and dug out my much neglected NARS Alhambra. I got this as an alternative to NARS All About Eve, which was just too cool toned and frosty on me. While Alhambra is frosty on me as well if I over apply, but it's warm toned, thus MUCH more wearable! :D


The one side is a gilded pink-y champagne. The other is a golden apricot-ish shade. The texture on both of these shades are soft and buttery, though I find the golden apricot side a tad harder in texture, but not so much that it's hard to blend or anything like that.

I like using the champagne shade all over for a nice glowy nude eye look. To be honest I have NO CLUE how to wear these two colors together. I need a slightly darker "contour" shade in my crease to give my eyes some dimension.

I took some swatches of NARS Alhambra and close "dupes" from my stash

Left to right: Stila Icon, Stila Kitten, NARS Alhambra 1, NARS Alhambra 2, UD X

NARS Alhambra 2, the golden apricot, isn't as orange as swatched. It's a little more golden neutral.)
I don't know why UD X is a lovely subtle duo-chrome..pink to golden melon.

No comments:

Post a Comment