Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Brand Spotlight: Kiehl's

My latest favorite brand is Kiehls' so I figured I'd do a little blurb about why I love Kiehl's. When an actual free standing Kiehl's store opened at my local mall I was thrilled! Not only am I am very impressed with the great customer service I get there, but I am way more impressed and pleased with the knowledge of their products that the sale associates have. So onto some items that I love.


I recently bought the Original Musk perfume and it's LOVE! It's a fantastic "skin scent" on me. The lovely sales associate was telling me how (and this is loosely re-told) this perfume was found in a sealed vat in the basement of the original Kiehl's apothecary. It was "hidden away" because when it first came out they said it was too "racy" for the times. They finally brought it back and here we are. She was also telling me that musk smells different on everyone because of how it reacts with everyone's own body. On me it's a wonderful warm (but not spicy), clean, subtle scent that lasts and lasts. This is the type of perfume I can wear everyday to the office, grocery shopping, casual weekends, etc. The sillage is minimal so you won't be suffocating anyone with your perfume even if you O.D. with the juice :P The price point on this is quite nice too! 1.7 fl oz retails for 39.00 usd. This also comes in oil form as well. I tried the oil form, but I couldn't really smell it so I passed and went with the EDT.

Onto the Kiehl's lip balm #1. I love how this! It's fairly thin in texture yet it's oh so moisturizing and has spf 4 to boot. I also like how it's not tested on animals as well. I have a friend who swears by this because a lot of lip products seem to irritate her lips. I like using this to moisturize day and night, but when my lips are in really bad shape I unfortunately have to resort to the big guns, aquaphore.

Today while at the store, I tried out some of the Superbly restorative Argan Dry Oil. I saw this being used on a youtube vid, and being obsessed with hair products that give tons of shine and moisture, I HAD to give this a try. I must say there is a lovely faint egyptian musky smell to this, nothing offensive. In fact I had to get really close to even notice any scent. You only need a tiny drop before smoothing into your hair or all over your body. My hair definitely had a little more shine and looked a little smoother without looking greasy or slick. The lovely SA gave me a generous sample to take home and try out. She also gave me a sample of the argan moisturizer lotion.

Overall I'm very pleased with Kiehl's products. I am also very pleased with the SAs at the store. In a time when CS seems to be falling to the way side, I have come to really appreciate when I get good CS. I will definitely be returning to that store for all my Kiehl's needs :D

No comments:

Post a Comment