Sunday, April 25, 2010

Diving into Illamasqua

So without question my all time favorite blush brand has got to be NARS. With that said, I think Illamsaqua blushers fall into second place. During the Sephora 15% off madness, I got 3 Illamasqua blushers: Katie, Tremble, and Create.


Top: create
Bottom left to right: Katie, Tremble

PACKAGING: It's a little bulky, but something about them is kinda nice. I like the ergonomic design of them. They are lightweight with a clear lid so you can see the color inside unlike the NARS packaging where everything looks the same. I also have to say the plastic case that it is in seems a little flimsy and cheap, but I'll live.

PRICE: $23.00 for 0.14 oz compared to NARS $26.00 for 0.16 oz
PRODUCT: Ok. I have to say the texture of these blushers are unlike any other blush I've had. In fact I find it hard to explain/drescribe these. I find that the texture of these blushers are a bit "chalky" and powdery. However, they apply like a dream. They are easy to blend and apply. They are also very pigmented, but not as much as say NARS Exhibit A or NARS Taj Mahal...which is a good thing. I'm finding it tedious applying these uber pigmented blushers lately.

COLORS: I know the most popular color that I see people using is Hussy, but for some reason I passed over it and opted for these 3. They seemed more "unique" as to what I own and have seen out on the market. I also like how all the blushers in this range (thus far at least) are all matte in a market overflowing with shimmer and glimmer.

- Create is a lovely peachy bronze color that's great for contouring or for use as a bronzer. I find that this doesn't really pull that orange on me despite the burnt umber shade that it is in the pan. I find this color to be very unique! I have yet to find a blush that is like this! (I'm sure there is a dupe out there somewhere but none that I've come across.)


-Katie is a lovely pale lilac-y pink...a matte version of MAC Well Dressed from what I've heard. (I don't personally own Well Dressed so I can not speak as to how they compare.) I was a little hesitant to order this since it is a cooler lilac-y pink blush and I was worried it would clash with my warm yellow complexion. However, this gives me the most fresh, innocent pink glow and I think it even counteracts my yellowness a little.

-Tremble is a slightly deeper pink tinged than Katie and less milky, no trace of lilac and with a little tiny tiny hint of rose. In the pan it's a pretty peachy pink shade, however on the cheek I find this to be similar to Cargo Catalina and possibly a matte dupe of NARS Deep Throat.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure how I missed this post?
    I just received my pro info for them & I can't wait to place my first order!
    Your choices are gorgeous! How are you feeling about them since you've had some time to play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just posted it but I had it already written out previously..if that makes sense :P

    So far I love them! Like I said, the texture and finish is rather unique, but overall they are easy to use and blend so I'm pleased! I can't wait to see what you get! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does & thank you for filling me in!
    I'm hoping for foundation/powder a blush or 2 & def a lipgloss.
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you possibly do a FOTD with Tremble? :D We're the same coloring and i was wondering what it looked like on the cheek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure I'll try to get one in this week. :D

    ReplyDelete