Friday, October 1, 2010

Senna Cosmetics

Let me start off with saying Senna is such an underrated brand! It's sad it's not talked about more! I remember first finding out about Senna when I was in college. The Macy's downtown had a Senna counter and that's where I got Senna's kabuki brush, a blush in Charmed, and a gloss in Kissy. Then one day it was gone and I was heartbroken because my in-law's dog had chewed through my makeup bag and got my kabuki, which was the softest thing ever.

Fast forward to today where I am a web shopping aficionado who doesn't have the time or patients to deal with snotty sales people or crowds. First of all, I was impressed by Senna's quick shipping at a reasonable cost of shipping and handling...unlike some places ***cough**nordstroms**cough*** Also their CS is fantastic because they respond quickly and courteously. I also love how they keep you informed every step of your package's way to your doorstep.

Anyhow, on to the good stuff. I ordered the feather brush #15, the full size kabuki ($25), and the new blush in hue...but the goodies don't stop there! I got gwp of a FULL SIZE glisten powder in peachie, a FULL SIZE lip scrub + spatula, and a big bag of skincare samples!!! This totally made my day.

So onto my thoughts........

The kabuki isn't quite what I remember..it's not as soft and it's a little "poke-y". I wonder if there's a difference between the kabuki and the mini kabuki brush, and if I had the mini vs the full size before. Hm.....Anyhow, the feather no.15 brush is really soft, though I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but just swiping it along my eye, it feel fabulously soft.

The lip scrub is Aaaaaaaamazing! The pot is rather tiny, but you only need a tiny bit and your lips are flake free and feel oh so plush after the scrub. It smells really nice too, a nice vanilla-y/foody sent.

The blush is hue is lovely as well. It's yet another nude, everyday kinda blush to add to my collection. I can never have too many of those! It compares to my NARS Doceurs blush, but when swatched it looks to have much more pinky tones that the NARS which swatches on the nude/brown tone side.

The glisten powder is in the shade peachie. Such a pretty pinky peachy shad. It looks really shimmery in the pan, but don't worry you won't look like a disco ball when you put it on your face. It just gives a nice subtle ethereal glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment